Firefox browser is majorly used with Opensource projects as it is also Opensource. Recently Mozilla launched its latest Firefox 56 version with very cool features which can help us to do our work in a much smarter way.
Firefox 56 feature updates are
– Send tabs between devices(you can send open tabs between you desktop or mobile devices)
– You can take screenshot with better toolbar feature which makes screenshot saved in cloud for two week.
– Container feature which support multi-account in browser, basically you can use profiles as per your choice.
– Updated autofill feature which saves time.
– With Firefox 56, it has come up with faster browsing experience as well.
– You also get better privacy and data protection, as they have updated their policies.
Coming back to the installation of Firefox 56.
Firstly, you need to download the [Firefox 56](https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/).
cd /usr/local/ wget https://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-56.0-SSL&os=linux64&lang=en-US
Unzip the downloaded file
tar -xvjf firefox-56.0.tar.bz2
Before installation, we need to uninstall previously installed Firefox version.
yum remove firefox
Now we need to create a softlink, so that it can be directly located to its bin directory for easy access.
ln -s /usr/local/firefox/firefox /usr/bin/firefox firefox &
This way you can get latest Firefox version installed on RHEL/CentOS 7.